Sunday, October 26, 2008

Quotes

I received my second stack of "David letters" on Thursday, and I thought I'd share some of his wisdom...

"I really think this basic training is not so much preparing me for the Navy as it is a spiritual preparation. I am learning to lean not on my own understanding, but instead just give glory to God in everything that I do." -Oct 15

And this is a short poem he wrote in the middle of one letter:

"Our roots reach deep,
no storm nor drought,
nor wind nor hail,
can loose what God planted."

He also talked about how so many guys there are homesick for a place that doesn't exist- they don't have great homes to return to. He talks a lot about how thankful he is for the support we have, and he says that while he knows that he has people praying for him, he knows that for a lot of these guys, he's the only one praying for them. So he asks that we think about the other guys in his division and lift them up as well as we pray for David's strength and health.

These letters are SO much fun- I get them every Thursday (a week's worth all bundled into one or two envelopes!)

No comments: