Wednesday, November 12, 2008

T Minus Two Weeks

I missed a phone call from David on Saturday (I wasn't expecting one, and I was right in the middle of photographing a wedding ceremony, so I didn't even check the phone). I was pretty devastated when I realized what happened until I learned that when he couldn't get in touch with me, he called his dad. Bill is having heart surgery on Thursday, and that's actually why David called- David told his superiors that his dad was sick (we had vaguely written about it in our letters) and that he needed to call. So, we're thankful that God had his hand in working that out for us.

I DID get to talk to him yesterday for a bit though! (He said that he thought there was a problem with the bank account and that he needed to call home... which, he actually did think there was a problem... even though there wasn't :) He's doing well. Only two more weeks from today until he graduates!

Also, a sweet girl named Becca runs a website for Military Wives where she sells her art and encourages the military community. She is starting a new branch of the website called Glam Gals where she profiles "inspiring military wives" and she asked me to be the first interview. I am totally honored to be called a military wife (that was the first time it hit me that I actually am one now!) and am so humbled to even be considered for this. Here's the article/interview if you're interested:

Glam Gals

If you have a chance, be sure to get your letters into David asap! Only a few more days left! He says that the letters are what sustains him.

No comments: