Sunday, October 19, 2008

Communication

Talk about a good weekend. I received my first stack of letters from David on Friday. I got about 10! He had been stock-piling until mail day (they can only send mail once a week). AND- I got a phone call from him yesterday! We got to talk for about 30 minutes, which was huge. He is doing well, but definitely misses home.

He talked about how he likes a lot of the guys in his division and how his good friends Nathan somehow ended up in his class. He said he’s goofy looking with his new haircut- he even drew me a picture. They aren’t doing physical training as much as he would like, but he hears it will pick up this week. He says the days go by slow by the weeks go by fast. And he says the food is pretty good. ☺

He is graduating on Wednesday November 26- the day before Thanksgiving. I’ll be able to go up to Chicago that week and stay until Sunday. Then he has to return to base for eight more weeks of training (ugh!) BUT- he’ll have liberties on the weekend and on nights, so he can call and I can visit. We are also pretty sure he can come home for Christmas.

His address changed back to the original one (no clue why)- so check below for the new correct address if you need it. David says the letters mean everything to him!

He asks that we pray for no injuries or sickness, as that will delay the process. I’ll keep you updated!

No comments: