Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Note Card Magic

I got my last phone call from David around 10:30 last night from Chicago- he definitely sounded sad, and after talking to him a few times throughout the day yesterday, I know that he is definitely feeling a little lonely and anxious. He told me that most of the guys there seem to have those cold feet feelings, so he knows it's totally normal to feel this way.

He said that he's memorizing Psalm 1, and that it talks about being like a tree who bears fruit in season and who doesn't wither in winter- he pointed out that he's not required to "bear fruit" always, and that sometimes, in the hard times, he's just supposed to "not wither".

Last night I found a stack of note cards I had started writing months ago with verses and quotes, hoping to send one every now and again to him with letters. The note card on top was this:

He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
-Psalm 1:3

Amazing, right? Kitti told me that she had been praying for us to see that God was there, and how obvious could that be?

So I encourage you all to pray the following things for David:
-that processing week would be fast! (It could last one-ten days, so we hear)
-that he'll meet some great friends SOON
-that he'll be encouraged
-that we'll get his address soon! letters will mean the world to him
-that he'll feel protected and loved

No comments: